We've been doing our best lately (and by lately we mean this week) to eat healthier and make smarter choices in the kitchen. With our vegan pizza we made the other night, we thought it would be fun to try another healthy option for dinner.
You know our feelings about pasta, so it's no surprise we can't go a week without eating it. Last night, however, we opted for a healtheir alternative that was very easy and quick to prepare. Here's how to make it!
- Zucchini noodles (we just bought a pre-made pack at Publix)
- Mushrooms (we used portobellos, bought in a small pack at Publix)
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- Half onion chopped (we used a red onion)
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Olive oil (we didn't measure, but a few drizzles will do)
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Heat a sauté pan over high. Add olive oil, garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Sauté until lightly browned; season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt, pepper, and garic powder and sauté for 1 minute. Mash tomatoes with a fork until almost a thick sauce consistency.
- Toss in the zucchini noodles and cook until tender.
- Finally, add in the chopped basil and stir for 30 seconds.
We can honestly say we found it delicious and now realize more than ever that you don't have to sacrifice good tasting food to eat healthy. Feeling positive and energized and looking forward to the future!!!