with a matcha glaze
makes 12 donuts
1c almond flour
1/2c tapioca flour
1/4c coconut flour
1tsp baking powder
1/4tsp sea salt
1/2c almond milk
1/4c coconut oil melted
2 cups baby kale
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 droplets of liquid stevia
1 scoop whey protein (I used jay robbs vanilla)
1/2tsp matcha powder (I used four sigmatic matcha with lions mane)
1 tbsp almond milk or to desired consistency
1 tsp ghee melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray donut pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a blender mix almond milk, coconut oil, and kale. Mix until it is completely smooth and green.
- Add in eggs, stevis, and vanilla and pulse in.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and gently mix until combined. Let your mixture stand for about 5 mins.
- Evenly divide batter into your donut pan filling each mold about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for about 10-15 mins.
- Let sit in the mold for about 5 mins before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While donuts are cooling you will then start on the glaze by mixing all ingredients together except for the milk.
- Slowly add in the almond milk a little at a time, making sure you get the right consistency to have a good glaze.
- Spread the glaze on after donuts have cooled and enjoy!
Krystal has a passion for healthy living and wellness and obtained her Bachelors of Science in nutrition from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Her national certification through NCSF as a CPT, along with another in the world-renowned TRX training system and AAHFF for nutrition, make Krystal a versatile fitness professional. Visit her website, K's Kwik Klean Kitchen to learn more about her!