Every year we make resolutions that we try our best to stick to throughout the year. Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you follow through with them? Maybe they’re big, ambitious goals or maybe they’re small, easily attainable goals. Maybe you don’t make any!
This year we have a few things we are going to work on. Honestly nothing big or dramatic, just a few ways to better ourselves in areas we feel need extra attention. Here are our official 2018 New Year's Resolutions:
- Stop saying "I want this" or "I wish we had that" and learn to just be happy with what we have. There are some things in this house that still aren't complete or that I wish we had but it's a happy and loving home, so what more can I ask for?
- Get back in shape. This one is on everyone's list and it's on mine, too. We kind of fell off our rhythm when we were filming the show and we are both ready to get back on it and start taking care of our bodies again.
- Learn when to put the phone down. We document so much of our lives that it's become instinct to pick up our phones or camera and record when something cool or exciting is happening, but sometimes it's nice to just enjoy the moment for what it is, when it's happening and leave it at that. Not everything needs to be published, sometimes being present without technology, human to human, is so much more satisfactory.
- Be there more for family and friends. I felt as though this past year we made everything about us in our small, close circle. We were shooting the show for six months, then it premiered, then we were promoting it like crazy, then we moved into the new house, etc. Our family and friends were there every step of the way helping us and this next year I want to return the favor any way I can and make life more about them, than about us.
- Minimize! We've collected so much STUFF over the years because we think we'll need this or that later on. Our closets and spare bedrooms are filled with stuff we are looking to get rid of next year.
- Stop stressing over the little things. This next year I will do my best to just let things go and realize what I have control over and what I don't, and the things I don't I won't stress over as much. Life is too short to worry about every. little. thing.
- Say "yes" more often. Thomas always tells me that I'm a "no" person, meaning I immediately say no to most things. I think I will try saying yes to more things this year. Or at least think a little harder before saying no ;).
- Eat healthier and work out more. This one goes along with Thomas' up there. We basically quit working out this past year with the show and promoting it and moving and just with life happening in general. We are going to work harder in 2018 to get back on the right track health wise.
- Make more time for family. Also in the same realm of Thomas' above. Family is the most important thing in the world to me and I look forward to showing them that this year.
If you want to see our new year's resolutions listed in 60 seconds, check out the video below!